It’s difficult to emotionally prepare for this school year whether you’re sending your children to school full-time, following a hybrid model, or doing remote learning. With ever-changing guidelines, research, and information it’s difficult to know which is the best choice for your family.
Balancing your career and a child’s schoolwork can be overwhelming. Create a routine, and make emotional well-being a priority. These resources can help ensure this year is successful and that your children thrive no matter where they learn.
- Age-Based Tips to Help Juggle Parenting & Working at Home During COVID-19 | American Academy of Pediatrics
- How to Calm Your Mind So You Can Manage Fear and Anxiety | PeopleTweaker
- Parenting in a Pandemic: Tips to Keep the Calm at Home | American Academy of Pediatrics
- Take Action To Help Boost Your Immune System | PeopleTweaker
- Feeling Overwhelmed with Parenting Demands? | American Academy of Pediatrics
- Simple Activities for Children and Adolescents | National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Yoga, Mindfulness, Meditation for Kids | Cosmic Kids
- NASA Kids’ Club – science-related activity ideas, downloads, and videos for all ages | NASA
- Fun Stuff for Kids Online – animal webcams, activities, and interactive games | Smithsonian
- 101 Activities to do with Toddlers & Preschoolers at Home | Paper Pinecone
- Mental Well-being for Kids (PDF) | MDH
- Tips for Talking with Children about Coronavirus | Child Mind
- Helping Children Regain Their Emotional Safety After a Tragedy | Kidpower
- Something Strange Happened in My City (PDF and Video Below) | The Social Story Center
This is one of several special editions of Are You Ready To Be Tweaked? It’s brought to you by PeopleTweaker and focused on COVID-19. Get all the resources and tips from previous newsletters here or in our COVID-19 resource toolkit.
Knowledge is power. Get the facts from the Centers for Disease Control.
DISCLAIMER: The information, resources, links and/or references (collectively, the “Materials”) contained herein are provided solely for informational purposes and are not intended as medical or other professional advice. No representation or warranty of any kind is made in connection with the content of the Materials. The Materials may not be current and no one should take any action based on the Materials without first consulting their health care professional. The views and opinions expressed within are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, positions, or strategies of her employer, and/or their respective organizations. Publication in this book should not be considered an endorsement.
Be Less Stressed © Z. Colette Edwards, 2020 – These materials may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, or exploited for any purpose without express written permission granted by the author.
If you are in crisis, an additional resource may be the toll-free, 24-hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).