By Z. Colette Edwards, MD, MBA
What makes one leader more effective than another? Authenticity.
Physician, MBA-trained executive, and integrative wellness coach Z. Colette Edwards gives the top 6 tips to get real and achieve authentic leadership.
- Act from a deep sense of purpose and meaning. Know why you are doing what you do and connect all of your actions to that “why.”
- Cultivate a high degree of self-awareness and a strong sense of self-determination. This constant connectedness is essential to staying focused and on track.
- Feel satisfied with past decisions and have few regrets. If you’re constantly connecting to that sense of purpose, you’ll limit the number of regrettable moments.
- Make sure your public face matches your private face. Say it, mean it, do it. Don’t fake it.
- Have the courage to face your fears and find a deeper truth. Be open to an alternate path from the one you’ve always taken. If it’s never explored, it can never be discovered.
- Express genuine thoughts and feelings, and encourage others to express theirs. Cultivate what is true in others by setting an example yourself.
Everyone else is taken.
~ Oscar Wilde
Is it time for you to explore your authenticity?